Nearly all large companies in Germany have a works council. Advisory services in collective labour law are at the heart of what we do. We are convinced that a sensitive approach to the works council, an approach tailored to the situation of the company in question, is vitally important. This makes involving the works council an essential element of a company’s success. Finding the right tone is indispensable to this effort.
The system of German law on works constitutions is the only one of its kind in the world. Opportunities for workforce co-determination permeate nearly all areas of the employment relationship. We help you keep track of all questions and assist you with the design of your company and inter-company regulations as required.
Services by fringspartners:
- Advisory services and representation of employers in connection with balancing of interests and negotiations of social compensation plans
- Drafting of single-plant bargaining agreements
- Representation in conciliation proceedings, substitution-of-consent proceedings (where hiring, transfer and classification are involved) and other collective-bargaining procedures
- Advice on dealing with complex collective labour-law structures (European works council, group and general works councils, and structures of company employee representation that deviate from these)
- Germany-wide litigation in resolution proceedings before labour courts
- Facilitation and challenges of works council elections
- Advice on all other questions and matters relating to the law of works constitutions